First: You folks really like these LAB Gents posts! My first post has been my top post for the past week, so I guess I better keep throwing logs on this fire. Thanks for the love! Second: I know that some of the images show just a little taste of the handmade goodness. That’s my way of enticing you to actually click and visit the shops I’m featuring. Makers need to eat! OK, now onto the goodness.
I had black on the brain and these 5 items, including some super-strong coffee and some great handmade leather goods, are perfect for those who are bold enough to fill their world with the darker hues. Speaking of black, did you see this article about the blackest black out there? Crazy!
From the top left: Single Fin Sludge Cold Brew Coffee from Seaworth Coffee, Bamboo Charcoal Soap from Morning Calm, Travel Black Lace Up from Someone Shoes, Utility Belt in Black & Nickel by Noah Marion Quality Goods, Medium Leather and Canvas Tote by BLK Pine Works.
About the collection:
- Single Fin Sludge Cold Brew Coffee from Seaworth Coffee: Two fresh 32oz bottles of our signature Single Fin Sludge cold brew coffee shipped direct to your door. The idea was born one hot sunny day in the parking lot of our favorite surf spot, and since we couldn’t find a good cold-brew nearby, we found that simply pouring our hot coffee over ice left us with a harsh bitterness that we just had to fix. Our cold brew process enables us to preserve more of the coffee bean’s pure, rich flavor while keeping acid content low, so you’re left with a strong concentrated coffee – a rich, buttery smooth “sludge” that is perfect served over ice or can even be enjoyed hot. With a caffeine content that can be almost 4 times higher than your average cup of Joe, it’ll surely keep you going. Each cold brew batch is carefully hand-crafted and brewed in a temperature controlled environment for a full 18 hours, then double filtered and bottled by hand in glass – never plastic. We spare no expense in our ingredients either. Our signature blend is made of only the freshest locally roasted, hand-selected, fair-trade organic coffee beans, crystal clear, cold purified water and a whole lot of sunny California love. No unnecessary ingredients – ever. It’s a painstaking process, but we’re pretty sure that this will be some of the best coffee you’ve ever had.
- Bamboo Charcoal Soap from Morning Calm: The key ingredient is activated Korean Bamboo Charcoal. Compared with other wood charcoal, it has about 3 times more mineral constituent and 4 times better absorption rate. So it makes the soap more absorbent and cleans deep inside the skin pores. As it leaves no residue on the skin, it allows the pores to breathe and be naturally moisturized. Beside the beautiful ingredient, this soap is carefully formulated with soothing organic virgin oils such as grape seed oil, neem oil, and hemp seed oil.
- Travel Black Lace Up from Someone Shoes: Travel Black color shoes in leather, combining simplicity, style and comfort. Interior is lined with lambskin. Enhanced with an hand stitched rubber outsole and a leather insole. Black leather laces, come with a second pair in black waxed cotton. 100% leather.
- Utility Belt in Black & Nickel by Noah Marion Quality Goods: Since 2006 Noah Marion has been designing, fabricating and selling goods and products for the design-conscious individual. Working mainly in leather these days, Mr. Marion has been creating timeless classics meant to be passed on from generation to generation. Like the amazing bag inherited from your grandfather, Noah Marion’s designs are meant to patina to a wonderful brown and continue to get better with age. Thank you and please pass the word along. Noah Marion Quality Goods focuses on untreated, undyed natural vegetable tanned leather in order to allow the user to personally bring the design to life. Each person will interact with their wallet, bag or belt differently and therefore it will truly become yours with use. Please keep this in mind when using your goods, they will change, they will age, they will darken. This is the goal, they get better and better with age. A water spot here, a coffee stain there just adds to the character of the piece. If you have any questions please contact us. Please come visit us at our flagship store in the heart of beautiful Austin, TX at 2053 S. Lamar Blvd.
- Medium Leather and Canvas Tote by BLK Pine Works: BLK PINE is a creative workshop based in Seattle with a desire to preserve the tradition of producing quality goods manufactured within the USA. Our products are rooted in classic silhouettes, but constructed meticulously with edited simplicity and longevity in mind. All of our bags and personal accessories are made in the USA. All of our bags are designed, patterned and tested within our studio. Our products are individually hand crafted by artisans with a long history of American production. We take the utmost care through every stage of production to meet our high standards. We create all of our bags and accessories using the highest quality materials, including heavyweight duck canvas, waxed canvas, vintage wools, canvas webbing, military spec nylon webbing, hardware, and vegetable tanned natural leathers. The bags are intended to wear naturally and develop character with uses over time.